Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Job
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Work type: Remote Position
You are curious to discover and try new things, have a broad technical interest and above all a lot of perseverance. You are looking for an inspiring and challenging work environment that matters, where you can contribute to a sustainable future and learn a lot about a unique, innovative and young promising technology. A warm welcome to new team members that share our ambitions!
About Lyv Smart Energy
The current energy system, as we know it today, will no longer exist in 5 years. Fortunately, Lyv has found a lifesaver, Smart Energy Management! We believe batteries and matching supply and demand are essential elements in enabling the Energy Transition for a sustainable future, one of the main goals at Lyv. Since we were founded in 2016, we learned every day about this promising, relatively young technology and its potential. We are a start-up at the forefront of smart energy solutions, integrating the whole range of ecosystems from (Home) Energy Management System to Virtual Power Plant in one platform. Lyv has an innovative monitoring solution, which provides a company or a homeowner with insight into energy consumption, costs and the opportunity to participate in smart energy services.
Currently, we are a small, international team with diverse people and personalities, but with one important thing in common: a strong drive to realize something tangible and make a difference! We have a strong focus on the market and end-users and are constantly working on the practical connection and translation from lab to user. We have high ambitions to grow in the nearby future and that is why we would like to bring more activities in-house.
About the Role
We think it is important that you mainly do what you like! In this case, developing highly innovative, yet scalable applications. We are looking for an enthusiastic full stack developer who will a part of us in accelerating our development. You will work closely with our fast-moving and dedicated development team to transform requirements and mock-ups into new functionality that millions of people will use. Collaborate with everyone at our company in a cross-functional setting, as we get ready to grow and scale.
Key tasks as Full-Stack Developer
- Design technical architecture plans as we develop projects that span from the edge to our cloud servers, and our user-facing web application
- Develop cross-stack features and APIs, primarily in Python, that will deliver value to our users
- Assist with the integration of our products using modern frontend frameworks like React
- Building and maintaining cloud infrastructures with CI/CD pipelines, embracing DevOps approach
- Minimum 3 years experience with Python in building web applications (mandatory requirement). Strong knowledge of web programming specifics and some FastAPI experience are a plus.
- You have expert knowledge of programming concepts such as object-oriented programming and experience in architecting large applications with Python
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and handling large time-series datasets (PostgreSQL experience a plus)
- Experience with web services, especially for facilitating interaction among multiple systems
- Basic understanding of OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure, Containers and Cloud Computing. Able to efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You have strong analytic and pragmatic abilities, are dedicated and excited to explore new things and new developments
- You are a tech leader, a critical thinker, but always with a problem-solving mindset. No solution is not an option for you!
- Professional fluency in English
Nice to Have requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
- Travel sporadically. You should be able to travel from time to time to The Netherlands for a good collaboration with the team
We offer an interesting job, in which you actually work towards a specific goal. We believe it is motivating to see your own efforts and hard work turned into an actual result. We try to work as remote as possible, so there is freedom, flexibility and autonomy to organize. We have created an open working environment in which we appreciate initiative and learning from each other. We offer you the chance to experience what it means to be a member of a startup. When there is a sustainable match from both sides, we can create opportunities to stay within our company. We offer suitable compensation based on the candidate’s profile and experience.
How to apply
If you feel that this can be a good opportunity for you and you fulfil the mandatory requirements, please, send your English CV via LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2893201875/ . We will work with continuous selection and interviews, so please send your application as soon as possible but no later than February 3rd, 2022. We do not accept applications via email.